The packaging standard in the fresh supply chain
Euro Pool System is the market leader in returnable packaging for the fresh supply chain in Europe. Our reusable trays and foldable crates have become the standard in the chain for fresh and packaged food. Each and every day producers, transporters, processing companies and retailers benefit from the advantages of our products. Moreover, we work continuously on the further standardization and integration of our solutions within our clients’ logistics processes. With a network of approximately 50 service centers in twelve countries we provide optimal reliability, flexibility, sustainability and efficiency throughout the whole chain.
Euro Pool System offers a dynamic working environment for more than 500 employees. We cherish our corporate values, by which we encourage team spirit, personal growth, respect, entrepreneurship and innovation. Euro Pool is a division of the Euro Pool Group, the largest logistics service provider of reusable standard packaging in Europe.
We are looking for a fulltime
Location: Rijswijk, NL
Purpose of the job
Manage the timely and correct execution and optimize the financial processes, with the purpose to ensure excellent financial performance.
1. Financial processes
Ensure the excellent execution and optimizing of the financial processes of the assigned organizational unit, eventually supervising clerical execution.
- Optimize the financial processes in the assigned organizational unit and on request in other units.
- Manage the registration, controlling and correct handling of incoming and outgoing invoices and financial information.
- Maintain the ledger, creditors and debtors administration.
- Manage the cash of the assigned organizational unit.
- Advice the management on financial, tax and VAT matters.
Assist in recording, verifying and reporting of the value of assets, liabilities, income, and expenses in the books of account with the purpose to enable the management to make their financial decisions based on the latest and most accurate financial information.
- Financial monitoring for (KPI’s, ROI, Balance Score Card, Benchmarking).
- Analyze, reconcile, balance, and maintain accounting records.
- Working capital management.
- Month-end/year-end closing of the assigned organizational unit.
- Monthly VAT declarations.
- CBS-DNB reporting.
- On time payments from the assigned organizational unit.
- Optimal financial processes.
- Accurate reporting on (local) costs made by the assigned organizational unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar job.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and the language in which country the function resides.
- Excel (advanced).
- Results orientation
- Commercial ability
- Analytical ability
Backup for the chief accountant with the following responsibilities
3. Corporate Accounting
Coordinate, control and optimize the division wide accounting activities to ensure an accurate and smooth accounting process.
- Ensure a correct and timely consolidated month-end and year-end closing.
- Coordinate the division wide accounting process, identify need or opportunities for improvement control and support the local offices on accounting related matters.
- Analyze, reconcile, balance and maintain accounting record of local accounts in e.g. hard closure and report on this.
- Accounting on group assets and related items.
- Correctness of division wide accounting.
For further information about this vacancy please contact the Human Resources Department via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.