The packaging standard in the fresh supply chain
Euro Pool System is the market leader in returnable packaging for the fresh supply chain in Europe. Our reusable trays and foldable crates have become the standard in the chain for fresh and packaged food. Each and every day producers, transporters, processing companies and retailers benefit from the advantages of our products. Moreover, we work continuously on the further standardisation and integration of our solutions within our clients’ logistics processes. With a network of approximately 50 service centers in twelve countries we provide optimal reliability, flexibility, sustainability and efficiency throughout the whole chain.
Euro Pool System offers a dynamic working environment for more than 500 employees. We cherish our corporate values, by which we encourage team spirit, personal growth, respect, entrepreneurship and innovation. Euro Pool is a division of the Euro Pool Group, the largest logistics service provider of reusable standard packaging in Europe.
We are looking for a fulltime/part-time:
Purpose of the job
Enable the logistic organization to thrive in the market and to reach the company goals by implementing, improving and maintaining the technical installations and products of Euro Pool System by advising and assisting the Regions with technical knowledge.
1. Engineering and Development Projects
Execute and propose engineering and development projects with the purpose to implement, improve and/or maintain the technical installations and products.
- Execute/manage the engineering and development projects within the set budget and time according the local legislation.
- Inventorise the needs of the customers and users for technical installations and products.
- Propose projects that will contribute to quality and efficiency of the technical installations and products.
- Advise the Regions and assist with technical knowledge on maintenance of technical installations and products.
- Continuous new suppliers research for engineering and development projects to ensure wide options choices depending on the different project location and characteristics.
2. Engineering and Development investments/cost reduction
Advice the management on investments with the purpose to reduce costs and ensure well performing and efficient technical installations and products on short and long term.
- Study current and future needs.
- Make cost-benefit analyses and efficiency proposals for technical investments
- Make efficiency proposals for technical investments.
- Make proposal for usages and consumptions optimizations
- Make proposals for maintenance/breakdown cost optimization
3. Maintaining the technical installations, products and services
Advise the Regions and assist with technical knowledge for the maintenance of the technical installations in such a way that the end users will always be able to use the installations as needed without disturbing the daily operations.
- Asses the quality of the technical installations and products and services.
- Contribute to the development of the maintenance plans (preventive and corrective) and contracts/agreements according local legislation.
- Propose innovative ideas to improve and/or maintain the technical installations and products.
- Support the regions within suppliers research and negotiation for local support
- Reaching the Engineering and Development department goals.
- Projects are executed within the set budget and time and have the expected quality and
- Support the Regions within their technical necessities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Project management experience, familiair with various project methodologies (e.g. Prince2, Agile, Scrum, DevOps)
- Experienced in IT, software and scanning driven projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and the language in which country the function resides.
- Planning and organizing
- Analytical ability
- Quality awareness
For further information about this vacancy please contact the Human Resources Department; via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.